WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Knightley speaks about naked ads



Keira Knightley has admitted that she is hypocritical with her demands for privacy while appearing naked in adverts.

The actress is currently the star of a high-profile advertising campaign for fashion label Coco Chanel. One advert pictures her naked and covering her breasts with a bowler hat.

In the past she has regularly criticised photographers for following her moves and, in an interview with Vogue, was asked how she could justify her position.

She replied: "Of course I want to have my cake and eat it. Who doesn't want to have their cake and eat it? Show me that person."

Knightley said she was pleased she had posed for the adverts, however, describing them as "something to show the grandchildren".

They were a way of coping with "inadequate" feelings about her body, she added. "When I was 17, 18, 19, I felt incredibly insecure," she revealed to the magazine. "I went through a period of thinking I looked weird and too skinny, and that's ten times worse when you're being written about."

No comments: