WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Keira Knightley Banned From Reading Papers


Atonement star Keira Knightley has revealed her family and friends refuse to let her read newspapers for fear she'll lose her temper.

The actress - voted the sexiest film star of all time by Empire magazine in 2005 - explained she's likely to fly off the handle if she glances over the tabloids, especially when she reads about herself and the regular speculation regarding her weight.

"I'm a moody bastard," she told Elle magazine. "Actually, I've been banned from reading newspapers because the way they're written angers me so much. If I want an opinion, I'll read the opinion part of the newspaper. I do not want it when I'm trying to get the facts.

"I get incredibly angry. It really f**ks me off. See, I have to calm down about it."

However the 22-year-old decided not to take a deep breath, adding: "What I hate is that they shove in your face - this is what you want to be. And you think, 'F**k that. I don't want it. Stop telling me I want to look like her. Stop telling me I want that life.' I don't."

Knightley is currently filming period drama The Duchess, opposite Ralph Fiennes and Charlotte Rampling.

No comments: