WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hilary Duff and Katherine McPhee


Z100’s Zootopia 2007 showcased a variety of musical talent at the Nassau Coliseum on Friday night (May 18). The annual summer bash, which kicked off at 7 p.m., brought out Hilary Duff and Katherine McPhee - along with Maroon 5, Rihanna, Omarion, Fergie, Daughtry, and Gym Class Heroes.
Duff and McPhee took the stage and signed autographs for awaiting fans - after clearing up some rumors that have been hanging over their respective heads.

Hilary played the show amidst gossip over the lyrics in her new song “Stranger,” which has been alleged to be a dig at her ex, Joel Madden.
Clearing the air in an Access Hollywood interview, Duff said: “I made it seem like this was a relationship that I was in, but it’s actually about my parents and about their relationship. But I didn’t want people to know that.”
Meanwhile, Katherine McPhee has also been under the microscope - with fans saying that she has abandoned her American Idol style, even going as far
as calling her a sell-out. McPhee, 23, said in her own defense: “It’s my first record. Everything you do the first time, it’s not exactly the way you want it to be. You try to not step on any toes or anything. I was like, ‘I guess this is how it goes. The producer tells you how to sing it, and if I don’t like it, this is how I have to sing it.’ When [the CD] comes out, you feel like, ‘I could have said, “No. This is not how I want to sing it.”’ Your name is on it. . . . This is ‘in control.’”

No comments: